the very best of old and new:
Karaoke is about having
it. Yeah, yeah, there's a few
pesky rules, but we'll get to them later. But keep in mind, the only
point is to have a good time. It's not a competition. It's not an
audition. And you don't have to sing like a pro to have a good time!
Here's how it works...
• Look through one of our Songbooks until you find a song
you want to sing.
• Fill out a song slip with your name, the title of the song, and
the song number found in the book.
• Turn in the slip to your host.
• When it's your turn, the host will call out your name. Come
up to the microphone and sing!
• Karaoke discs display the lyrics to the song on the TV screen
in front of you, so you don't have to know all the words. The
lyrics will even change color to indicate when they should be
• After you've sung, if you'd like to sing again, just give the
host another slip, and you'll be called up again when your turn
Now to keep things fun, here's...
Just a few
Please never tap the microphone, and never ever swing it by the
Seriously, if you swing the mic by the cord you'll be cut-off, and shown
the door. The same thing goes for deliberate mic drops.
• Please don't place your drink on our sound equipment!
• Please don't yell into the microphone.
Please turn in only one song slip at a time. If you've already
song in, bring us your next one when you come up to sing. "Sing one,
Be courteous to whomever is up singing. Never join the person up
singing unless they invite you to do so.
When you're not singing, CLAP, dang it!!!!
And don't forget to TIP YOUR BARTENDER and WAIT-STAFF! Without them... you'd go thirsty!