the very best of old and new:
If you are a venue owner looking for WEEKLY booking info instead, then CLICK ME!
|Deposits may be made securely via your
Please DO NOT send a deposit until you have confirmed your booking with us!
Also please review the DEPOSIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS before sending payment.
PAYING YOUR DEPOSIT OR FINAL CHARGE ONLINE BY CREDIT CARD? NO WORRIES! AFTER YOU ACCEPT OUR QUOTE WE'LL E-MAIL YOU A SECURE ELECTRONIC INVOICE VIA PAYPAL -- YOU PAY BY CREDIT CARD WITH NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT OF YOUR OWN REQUIRED.
Standard Party Length:
When party planning, please remember we also need 30 minutes to load in and then 1 hour for setup before the show, and 45 minutes after the show to pack up and remove our gear. If you are booking a room for this party, or running your event on a schedule, please remember we need full access to the room for 5 and a quarter hours to do a 3 hour show. Please make any necessary arrangements with your venue in advance.
Standard Party Fee (if local):
Please note that this is our minimum fee for any private event requiring our normal gear and setup, even if you require less than a 3 hour show. The actual fee may be higher depending upon location of party (see below), and for holiday parties. We will give you an exact quote for your particular show after you provide us with all the applicable booking info.
(Attention venue owners: these are not the rates for weekly club bookings, which cost substantially less than one-time private parties.)
The "4 Hour Special" Party Fee (if local):
Make it 4 hours of karaoke for just $50 more than our standard minimum rate! Your friends will love you even more! Please note that you must pick the 4 Hour Special at the time you initially book us to get this special offer - if you only book us for 3 hours and then decide at the end of the night you want us to keep going past the scheduled end time, then our regular Overtime rates will apply. Note the actual fee may be higher than indicated above if you are outside our local service area (see below) or booking us for a major holiday.
Longer Parties/Overtime Fees:
- We'll extend the length of the show past the scheduled end time at your request, provided our schedule permits us to do so. Our normal rate is $100 per hour for any Overtime you request beyond the scheduled end time of the show.
- You are also welcome to book us for shows longer than those mentioned above, in advance, and we'll quote you a flat fee for any longer show desired. Hey, we've done 12 hours, and we can do it again!
- We do not bill anything for our normal setup and packup time. If however you require us to setup earlier than one hour before the scheduled showtime, or to wait any extra time beyond the scheduled end time of the show before we are allowed to packup and remove our gear, this extra time will count as Overtime in the calculation of the total fee.
1. AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $50 will be applied for parties held in the Loop,
due to the additional costs of parking downtown
2. AN ADDITIONAL TRAVEL FEE OF AT LEAST $50 will be applied for locations
outside the area bounded by: TOUHY Ave. to the the north, AUSTIN Ave.
to the west, and ROOSEVELT Road to the south.
3. AN ADDITIONAL FEE will be applied for parties held directly on major
HOLIDAYS (if we are even available!)
For all one-time private parties, a DEPOSIT of one half the total quoted
show fee is required in advance. You may pay your deposit securely online
by credit card or via PayPal; we'll e-mail you a secure electronic invoice.
We'll also accept the DEPOSIT by other methods, but leave yourself enough
time to get it to us. The DEPOSIT must be received ten business days after
you reserve a date with us, or we will cancel your booking to free the date.
We will fully refund your DEPOSIT if you cancel the booking with a minimum
of 30 days notice. We will refund half your DEPOSIT if you cancel the
booking with a minimum of 15 days notice (but less than 30.) There will be
no refund of DEPOSIT if you cancel with 14 or fewer days notice. For details,
please read the DEPOSIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Please follow the next link to read our cancellation and refund policy:
CLICK MY LIZARD
TO READ THE
The remaining balance of the total fee is due at showtime, including the charges for any Overtime, unless we approve other arrangements in advance.
|Info We'll Need From
When calling or writing to book us, please have ready or include the following
information to help us plan your party and give you a specific price quote.
the rest of the scoop:
Chicago and the nearby suburbs.
We only do indoor parties, unless (1) a covered pavilion or
tented area is provided for ourselves and all our gear, or
(2) there is an immediately adjacent indoor space to move
to in the event of rain or snow.
If we accept an outdoor booking under any other circumstances,
you (1) agree to forfeit your deposit in the event rain or snow prevents
us from starting the show, and (2) agree to pay us the remaining
balance due at the start of the show, with the understanding it will
not be refunded if the weather prevents us from finishing the show.
Our best advice is: stick to indoors.
We do karaoke shows only. We are not DJs, and do not provide separate dance music.
Due to the adult nature of some song lyrics, we do not do
children's shows. If our song list was a movie, it would
have at least an R rating. Please exercise your own
discretion in allowing any minors to attend your party.
Mixing Karaoke with Live Bands or Other Entertainment Acts:
If you are booking more than one act for your party (for example, planning
to alternate a live band with karaoke) please keep the following in mind:
- We need to know and agree to it in advance. If, when we arrive to setup our equipment, another act we were not made aware of is setup or already setting up, we will require payment up front for the full amount of any remaining balance due; otherwise we will cancel the show and depart, and you will have forfeited your deposit. Please read the DEPOSIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS carefully.
- You will need room for all the equipment, ours and theirs, to be set up at once (our PA system is no smaller than a band's). We also require one hour before the party starts to set up our equipment. Please read the DEPOSIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS carefully. If our setup is delayed for any reason, we will wait no longer than one hour before canceling the show (in which case you forfeit your deposit) unless we receive payment in full for the remaining balance of our fee before that hour has expired. Other terms also apply. Again, see DEPOSIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The band or other act is not permitted to use any part of our equipment without our prior consent (which is very unlikely unless we know the people!)
- Keep in mind, it's not our job to tell the band to stop playing, or tell another act when to take a break! You will have to coordinate the show. If you are going to be too busy to do that, then booking multiple acts is probably not a good idea.
- Our fee is based on the time for which you hire us, not the actual amount of time you utilize our services once we're there. Our fee will not be reduced for any time you require us to take a break for any reason, including but not limited to: bands or other performers of any kind, awards presentations, contests, or speeches.
- When considering multiple bookings, remember the saying "less is more".
MINIMUM SPACE REQUIREMENTS
Our full rig requires a minimum space 8 feet deep by 13 feet wide (see diagram below). Wider is even better because the main speakers cannot be too close to the singers, or there will be uncontrollable feedback. (In an ideal situation, the speakers you see below would actually be outside the borders of the diagram.) The back of the area (top of the diagram where the speakers are) should be a solid wall. If holding your event in a bar or restaurant, please make certain first that they have the space for it, and that the space will be cleared for our use before we arrive!
If you are a venue owner looking for
booking info instead, then