the very best of old and new:
If you are a venue owner looking for WEEKLY booking info instead, then CLICK ME!
PAYING YOUR DEPOSIT OR FINAL CHARGE ONLINE BY CREDIT CARD? NO WORRIES! AFTER YOU ACCEPT OUR QUOTE WE'LL E-MAIL YOU A SECURE ELECTRONIC INVOICE VIA PAYPAL -- YOU PAY BY CREDIT CARD WITH NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT OF YOUR OWN REQUIRED.
Also please review the DEPOSIT TERMS
AND CONDITIONS before sending payment.
Here's the scoop:
Standard Party Fee (if local):
$250 setup fee + $50 per hour of showtime
By "showtime" we mean the actual amount of time from when you want us to start the first song until you want us to end the last song. Showtime includes any pauses you wish us to take for announcements, speeches, or other entertainment. Any extra time you may wish us to wait between the end of setup and the first song, or between the last song and when we're allowed to start disconnecting our gear and packing up, also counts as billable showtime.
Examples would be: If you want karaoke songs to run from 9:00 to 12:00, that's 3 hours of showtime and costs $400. If you want karaoke songs to run from 9:00 to 12:00 but with a pause from 10:00 to 11:00 for a band or DJ to play, that's still 3 hours of billable show time and still costs $400. If you want us to be setup by 8:00, then wait an hour while folks have dinner or cocktails before karaoke runs from 9:00 to 12:00, that's 4 hours of showtime (8:00 to 12:00) and costs $450.
We do not bill anything for our normal setup and packup time.
The Standard Party Fee does not reflect additional charges that may be required for travel outside of our local service area (see below), downtown parking fees, and parties on or near major holidays (see rates below). The Standard Party Fee only includes our standard equipment and song library, which may be browsed using the menu in the upper right corner of this page.
We will give you an exact quote for your particular show after you provide us with all the applicable info.
We'll extend the length of the show past the scheduled end time at your request, provided our schedule permits us to do so. Our normal rate is $100 per hour (or $50 per half-hour) for any Overtime you request beyond the scheduled end time of your show.
When party planning, please remember that besides the actual showtime you are requesting, we also need 90 minutes to load in and then setup our system before the show, and 60 minutes after the showtime is over to pack up and remove our gear. If you are booking a room for this party, or running your event on a schedule, please remember we need full access to the room for 5 1/2 hours to do a 3 hour show, or 6 1/2 hours to do a 4 hour show. Please make any necessary arrangements with your venue in advance.
Those Extra Charges:
1. AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $50 will be applied for parties held in the Loop,
due to the additional costs of parking downtown
2. AN ADDITIONAL TRAVEL FEE OF AT LEAST $50 will be applied for locations
outside the area bounded by: TOUHY Ave. to the north, AUSTIN Ave.
to the west, and ROOSEVELT Road to the south.
3. AN ADDITIONAL FEE will be applied for parties held on or near major
HOLIDAYS (if we are even available!)
For all one-time private parties, a DEPOSIT of one half the total quoted
show fee is required in advance. You may pay your deposit securely online
by credit card or via PayPal; we'll e-mail you a secure electronic invoice.
We'll also accept the DEPOSIT by other methods, but leave yourself enough
time to get it to us. The DEPOSIT must be received ten business days after
you reserve a date with us, or we will cancel your booking to free the date.
We will fully refund your DEPOSIT if you cancel the booking with a minimum
of 30 days notice. We will refund half your DEPOSIT if you cancel the
booking with a minimum of 15 days notice (but less than 30.) There will be
no refund of DEPOSIT if you cancel with 14 or fewer days notice. For details,
please read the DEPOSIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Please follow the next link to read our cancellation and refund policy:
CLICK MY LIZARD
TO READ THE
The remaining balance of the total fee is due at showtime, including the charges for any Overtime, unless we approve other arrangements in advance.
|Info We'll Need From
When calling or writing to book us, please have ready or include the following
information to help us plan your party and give you a specific price quote.
the rest of the scoop:
Chicago and the nearby suburbs.
We only do indoor parties, unless (1) a covered pavilion or
tented area is provided for ourselves and all our gear, or
(2) there is an immediately adjacent indoor space to move
to in the event of rain or snow.
If we accept an outdoor booking under any other circumstances,
you (1) agree to forfeit your deposit in the event rain or snow prevents
us from starting the show, and (2) agree to pay us the remaining
balance due at the start of the show, with the understanding it will
not be refunded if the weather prevents us from finishing the show.
Our best advice is: stick to indoors.
We do karaoke shows only. We are not DJs, and do not provide separate dance music.
Due to the adult nature of some song lyrics, we do not do
children's shows. If our song list was a movie, it would
have at least an R rating. Please exercise your own
discretion in allowing any minors to attend your party.
Mixing Karaoke with Live Bands or Other Entertainment Acts:
If you are booking more than one act for your party (for example, planning
to alternate a live band with karaoke) please keep the following in mind:
- We need to know and agree to it in advance. If, when we arrive to setup our equipment, another act we were not made aware of is setup or already setting up, we will require payment up front for the full amount of any remaining balance due; otherwise we will cancel the show and depart, and you will have forfeited your deposit. Please read the DEPOSIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS carefully.
- You will need room for all the equipment, ours and theirs, to be set up at once (our PA system is no smaller than a band's). We also require 90 minutes before karaoke is to start to load in and setup our equipment. Please read the DEPOSIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS carefully. If our setup is delayed for any reason, we will wait no longer than one hour before canceling the show (in which case you forfeit your deposit) unless we receive payment in full for the remaining balance of our fee before that hour has expired. Other terms also apply. Again, see DEPOSIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The band or other act is not permitted to use any part of our equipment without our prior consent (which is very unlikely unless we know the people!)
- Keep in mind, it's not our job to tell the band to stop playing, or tell another act when to take a break! You will have to coordinate the show. If you are going to be too busy to do that, then booking multiple acts is probably not a good idea.
- Our fee is based on the time for which you hire us, not the actual amount of time you utilize our services once we're there. Our fee will not be reduced for any time you require us to take a break for any reason, including but not limited to: bands or other performers of any kind, awards presentations, contests, or speeches.
- When considering multiple bookings, remember the saying "less is more".
MINIMUM SPACE REQUIREMENTS
Our full rig requires a minimum space 8 feet deep by 13 feet wide (see diagram below). Wider is even better because the main speakers cannot be too close to the singers, or there will be uncontrollable feedback. (In an ideal situation, the speakers you see below would actually be outside the borders of the diagram.) The back of the area (top of the diagram where the speakers are) should be a solid wall. If holding your event in a bar or restaurant, please make certain first that they have the space for it, and that the space will be cleared for our use before we arrive!
If you are a venue owner looking for
booking info instead, then